Dynasty Dobermans are active in Agility, Obedience, Protection, and Tracking
All Breeding stock at Dynasty Dobermans are Evaluated for their Conformation (which should be pleasing to the eye) and Athletically sound. I do not show in conformation. I do try to breed to the Breed standards.
Their Working Temperament is evaluated throughout their life and tested in performance sports like IPO, SchH, IGP, Agility, Scent detection, Tracking, Obedience, Search and Rescue, Service dog work and police dog work.
They are all Health tested. Hips and Elbows are evaluated for Hip and Elbow Dysplasia and OFA certified.
Eyes have been examined by a boarded ophthalmologist for inherited and congenital eye disease. Thyroid function is tested. Echocardiograms are done on dogs over 4 yrs old. Holters are only done if the dogs are showing clinical signs of arrhythmia.
A genetic panel is performed for the following diseases:
- Deafness with Vestibular Dysfunction (DVD), aka DINGS
- Degenerative Myelopathy (DM)
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy 1 and 2 in Doberman Pinschers
- Narcolepsy in Doberman Pinschers
- Oculocutaneous Albinism (OCA) in Doberman Pinschers
- Von Willebrand Disease I (vWD Type 1)